Tips from the Bench
Buying Jewelry on
Buying Jewelry Online
Buying Jewelry on Shopping
Care & Maintenance
TIPS FROM THE BENCH
- We encourage our customers to enjoy their jewelry.
- To keep your jewelry dirt-free and prevent tarnishing, store your pieces stored separately in a jewelry box, plastic zip lock bag or soft pouch.
- Keep your jewelry clean, especially the jewelry you wear every day. We are happy to routinely clean and inspect your jewelry at no charge.
- Have diamonds and gemstones checked once or twice a year or any time you think you may have damaged the prongs and/or setting.
- Avoid heavy blows to your diamond. Diamonds can chip if struck at the right angle.
- Avoid wearing your earrings to bed. This may cause your piercings to get larger. In fact, wearing any type of jewelry to bed day after day may cause unnecessary stress on the components.
- SOME silver that is rhodium plated should not be put in silver cleaner. Check with us first.
- If your jewelry is causing a rash, skin irritation or if there is some discoloration to the jewelry itself and you are not allergic to the metal, it may be caused by an reaction to perfumes, hairspray or hand creams. Remember to apply these cosmetics before putting your jewelry on. Pearls especially are easily damaged by an array of personal cosmetic products.
- White gold is weakened by chlorine so try not to wear this type of jewelry in swimming pools, or around harsh cleaning products. Also avoid exposing your jewelry to hot tubs and mineral springs.
- Many colored gemstones like opals, emeralds, peridots, coral and tanzanites require special care. It is important to know the specifics of your gemstone.
- Do not pull out the stem of your watch to conserve your battery. This exposes your movement to harmful dust and moisture.